National Horticulture Foundation Scholarship Program was established to encourage undergraduate and graduate students to pursue their career path in horticulture or related fields. Students attending programs outside the state of Florida should use the General Scholarship form. National Horticulture Foundation Board of Directors shall be responsible for selecting the individuals to receive scholarship awards.
The following criteria are required:
1. Applicant must maintain a grade point of 2.5.
2. Only one application will be accepted from any university or college in any year.
3. Applicant must be an incoming freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student planning to attend a community college, college, university, or other post-graduate program.
4. The student must enroll full-time in a horticulture program or related field with the intent to graduate in that field. Award recipients are eligible to reapply for scholarships annually.
5. A winner of a scholarship who withdraws from school or transfers to a different major during the tenure of the scholarship becomes ineligible for further payments. The balance of the scholarship shall then revert to the general fund of the National Horticulture Foundation.
Students must return all of the following to the National Horticulture Foundation by the required deadline of January 15th annually. (Recipients will be notified in April annually of their award amount.)
Return completed application and attachments to:
BY MAIL: General Scholarship, National Horticulture Foundation, 1533 Park Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32835 (Downloadable application is available on the National Horticulture Foundation website.) Students must provide a complete application with the below items.
ELECTRONICALLY: Students must provide a complete application with the below items.
1. Completed scholarship application
2. High school or college transcripts (can be forwarded by institution, but must received before deadline)
4. Two letters of recommendation