Thank you for your interest in submitting an application for an International Travel Award. The International Travel Awards provide financial assistance to talented and well motivated wetland scientists from developing countries, who are disadvantaged through regional economic conditions, so they are able to attend the SWS Annual Meeting. The goal of this award is to foster participation of the international membership through a travel grant to the 2020 RE3 Conference which is a joint meeting being held with the Canadian Land Reclamation Association and the Society for Ecological Restoration to be held in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, June 7-11, and free SWS membership for three years.
The International Travel Award Committee will recommend several awards generally of $500-$2500 based on the quality of applications, according to a range of criteria:
(1) Early career is prioritized over Fully Established scientists
(2) Potential benefit to recipient
(3) Potential benefit to home institution/country
(4) Potential wider impact of participation e.g contribution anticipated in meeting
(5) Quality of submitted abstract of paper or poster which must be submitted to the RE3 Conference website no later than the submission deadline of January 31, 2020. Submissions accepted at http://www.re3-quebec2020.org/abstract-paper-submission.
(6) Scientific accomplishments of the applicant
(7) Effort made to secure funding from elsewhere-and result if known
Submission site closes: Monday, February 24, 2020
Award notification by: Monday, March 16, 2020
Please note: Letters of support can be emailed directly from the recommender to Michelle Czosek at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, February 24, 2020.