Thank you for your interest in submitting an application for an International Travel Award. The International Travel Awards provide financial assistance to talented and well-motivated wetland scientists from developing countries, who are disadvantaged through regional economic conditions, so they are able to attend the SWS Annual Meeting. The goal of this award is to foster participation of the international membership through a travel grant to the 2023 Annual Meeting to be held in Spokane, Washington on June 27-30, 2023, and free SWS membership for three years.
The International Travel Award Committee will recommend several awards generally of $500-$2500 based on the quality of applications, according to a range of criteria:
(1) Early career is prioritized over Fully Established scientists
(2) Potential benefit to recipient
(3) Potential benefit to home institution/country
(4) Potential wider impact of participation e.g contribution anticipated in meeting
(5) Quality of submitted abstract of paper or poster. Submit your abstract here by February 10, 2023.
(6) Scientific accomplishments of the applicant
(7) Effort made to secure funding from elsewhere-and result if known
Application deadline: March 1, 2023
Note: Letters of support can be emailed directly from the recommender to email@example.com before the deadline.