* The MEG Director may request a waiver for the degree requirement if they feel their technologist is well prepared.
(1) A supervisor will be asked to verify required experience and may be directly contacted for verification.
(2) Use the MEG Documentation Form available on the website.
(3) Documentation forms will be randomly audited. Incorrect or incomplete information may delay or negative eligibility.
(4) The MEG Certification (CMEG) credential will be awarded to successful candidates for a five-year period.
(5) Recertification will require 15 hours of documented continuing education. Educational activities may take the form of relevant lectures, workshops (up to 12 credits), journal reviews, case studies, record review (4 sessions with a physician equal 1 educational activity credit), authorship on journal article(s), writing special interest article(s) for a professional journal, presenting poster and/or platform presentations at professional society meetings (3 credits), and giving a lecture at departmental/lab meeting.