This form, along with any other original application materials, is to be completed by Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana (GSGCNWI) Gold Award recipients who earned the Gold Award at this council.
Applicants must be high school seniors in order to apply. If an applicant earned her Gold Award this year but is not a high school senior, the applicant will be eligible to complete this application during the scholarship year that correlates with her senior year of high school.
The 2018 scholarship application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 13, 2018. Applications must be electronically submitted through this form and received by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 13, 2018. You may be asked to interview by phone or in person. Applicants awarded scholarships will be informed by Friday, May 18, 2018.
Criteria for Scholarship Award
- The following components will be considered when reviewing this application:
- Your Gold Award final report content.
- Your explanation of how this scholarship will help you in your future studies and plans after you graduate.
- Your potential as an advocate for Girl Scouting and the Highest Awards.
- The GSGCNWI Gold Award scholarship is non-renewable.
- In 2018, amounts awarded may vary recipient to recipient, with a minimum award of $500 per recipient and a maximum award of $2,000 per recipient.
- Amount awarded will be given directly from GSGCNWI to the school when matriculation is confirmed.
- Please see restrictions section for policy on enrollment, deferment and withdrawal.
- This scholarship may be used for either tuition or cost of attendance.
- If awarded a GSGCNWI Gold Award scholarship, you must confirm your matriculation to your preferred institution no later than September 30, 2018. If you do not inform GSGCNWI by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (312-912-6355) by Sept. 30, 2018, you will forfeit your scholarship.
- You may defer your enrollment for up to one year. If you defer, you must inform GSGCNWI by August 31, 2018, or you will forfeit your scholarship.
Applications Must Be:
- Complete, typed into online portal, and include additional materials requested.
- Accompanied by:
- A letter of recommendation, written by a non-family member, addressing your achievements in the areas of leadership and service. Please click here to send your letter of recommendation request to your referent.
- One uploaded PDF document of your Gold Award final report, including your budget, timeline and any additional documentation you submitted. If you submitted these as separate documents, please combine into one PDF.
- Confirmation email or letter you received from GSGCNWI upon approval of your Gold Award final report. If this application and the Gold Award final report form are submitted at the same time to meet the final report March 1 deadline, GSGCNWI will provide the Gold Award Scholarship Committee with the required documentation.