The President's Award recognizes the efforts of a service-delivery team or committee whose exemplary service in support of delivering the Girl Scout Leadership Experience surpassed team goals and resulted in significant, measurable impact toward reaching the council's overall goals.
- All service-delivery team members are registered Girl Scouts.
- All service-delivery team members have met all requirements and expectations of the positions held.
- The service-delivery team has significantly contributed to meeting one or more of the council's mission-delivery goals.
- The service-delivery team reflects the diversity of the target audience or area it serves,in girl and adult membership, in all pathways offered.
- The service-delivery team actively recognizes, understands, and practices the values of inclusive behavior.
A nomination form is completed and submitted to the assigned staff member (for example, Service Unit Support Manager for a Service Unit) for verification. The assigned staff member forwards only those applications who meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. The board President reviews the nomination documentation, then approves or denies it.
Example of nominees
Members of a service-delivery team saw the need to better communicate information and opportunities with girls and adults in their area, so they organized a group of 15 teens and five volunteers, representing all communities in their jurisdiction, to create new communication strategies using social media (including Facebook, Twitter). As a result, 36 percent more girls attended their local events, 90 percent of open service-team positions were filled, and the council gained 1,350 friends on Facebook.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
All nominations must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. December 1st.