GSGGCNWI Global Action Volunteer Team Volunteer Description
Do you love to travel? Do you enjoy learning about other cultures and sharing your experiences? Do you want to give back to the Girl Scout community? Do you want to help girls, ages 5-18, become engaged with other people and places?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want you to join the Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana’s Global Action Volunteer Team! We're looking for volunteers to spread the word about Girl Scout travel and cultural awareness, to include the following activities:
- Help plan global and travel-themed programs & events, such as World Thinking Day, International Day of the Girl, Day of the Dead, etc.
- Engage with girls and troop leaders about Girl Scout travel opportunities
- Attend virtual planning meetings, with one in-person meeting a year (Chicago area)
- Review travel scholarships and financial assistance applications
- Participate in at least one subcommittee: Intro to Travel, Travel Scholarship, Event/Program Planning
- Help expand the Travel Scholarship Fund to offer more travel opportunities for Girl Scouts
- Mentor troops travelling internationally
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age and older
- Training/orientation provided
- An informal interview is required for this position
- Following the informal interview, volunteers will be required to register as members of Girl Scouts ($25/year) and complete a criminal background check. Both are done online.
- 10-30 hours per year (approximately)