2019 - 2020 Financial Assistance Guidelines
Girl/Adult Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant is a registered member of Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
- Applicant would be unable to participate in the activity without financial support from the council
- Applicant must not have any outstanding debt to the GSGCNWI council.
Financial assistance applications should not be used for:
- Annual Membership Registration - Directions for requesting annual membership registration can be found on our website. www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org.
- GSUSA Destinations and/or council sponsored travel opportunitites. Contact Ashley Christensen, email@example.com, for more information.
Adult Member Eligible Expenses
- One program book per troop, per year
- The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting or one Adult Guide Journey Book Set
- Troop field trips/program fees for fulfilling the girl to adult ratio.
- Adult enrichment opportunities (75% of the event per person, not to exceed $75 dollars in a membership year.)
- First Aid max $10.00, Outdoor Modules max $5.00
- A financial assistance application must be filled out for each individual member applying.
- Applications must be completed and electronically signed by parent/guardian or the adult in need of assistance.
- Notification of approval will be sent by e-mail to the parent/guardian and troop leader. Notification will include an explanation of the amount of assistance that has been approved.
Receiving Financial Assistance
- Financial assistance for troop field trips, or program fees will issued to the troop.
- Financial assistance for approved uniform components and/or program books will be issued in the form of a voucher.
- Vouchers are only redeemable for items on application, no substitutions. Reimbursements will not be awarded for items purchased without use of the voucher.
- Adult training assistance will be applied to the outstanding balance for the training class.