2021 - 2022 Financial Assistance Guidelines
Adult Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant is a registered and background checked volunteer of Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
- Applicant would be unable to participate in the activity without financial support from the council
- Applicant must not have any outstanding debt to the GSGCNWI council.
Financial assistance applications should not be used for:
- Annual Membership Registration - Directions for requesting annual membership registration can be found on our website. www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org.
- GSUSA Destinations and/or council sponsored travel opportunitites. Contact Ashley Christensen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Adult Member Eligible Expenses
- One program book per troop, per year
- The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting/Handbook or one Adult Guide Journey Book Set
- Troop field trips/program fees for fulfilling the girl to adult ratio max $25
- L.E.A.P. $15 a year
- For First Aid/CPR/AED financial aid $10 a year
- A financial assistance application must be filled out for each individual member applying.
- Notification of approval will be sent by e-mail. Notification will include an explanation of the amount of assistance that has been approved.
Receiving Financial Assistance
- Financial assistance for troop field trips, or program fees will issued to the troop.
- Financial assistance for L.E.A.P. or FA/CPR will be issued as credit to your program registration account
- Financial assistance for approved program books will be issued in the form of a voucher redemable at any of our Council Shops.
- Vouchers are only redeemable for items on application, no substitutions. Reimbursements will not be awarded for items purchased without use of the voucher.