2019 Financial Assistance Guidelines
Girl/Adult Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant is a registered member of Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
- Applicant would be unable to participate in the activity without financial support from the council
- Girl applicant has participated in at least one of the council’s product programs. Members who are new, or part of a new/start-up troop, and have missed one or both of the council’s two product programs must plan to participate in the next year’s product program activity.
- Applicant must not have any outstanding debt to the GSGCNWI council.
Financial assistance applications should not be used for:
- Annual Membership Registration - Directions for requesting annual membership registration can be found on our website. www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org.
- GSUSA Destinations and/or council sponsored travel opportunitites. Contact Ashley Christensen, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Girl Member Eligible Expenses:
- Program events fees, troop field trips or camping trips
- Summer camp: One camp session fee per summer per person, either day camp or resident camp.
- A financial assistance application must be filled out for each individual member applying.
- Applications must be completed and electronically signed by parent/guardian or the adult in need of assistance.
- Notification of approval will be sent by e-mail to the parent/guardian and troop leader. Notification will include an explanation of the amount of assistance that has been approved.
Receiving Financial Assistance
- Financial assistance for troop dues, troop field trips, or program fees will issued to the troop.
- Financial assistance for approved uniform components and/or program books will be issued in the form of a voucher.
- Vouchers are only redeemable for items on application, no substitutions. Reimbursements will not be awarded for items purchased without use of the voucher.
- Day camp financial assistance will be issued in the form of a check to the parent/guardian of the camper.
- Approved resident camp assistance will be deducted from the amount due for the session.