APPLICATION FOR NATIONAL DELEGATE
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is seeking applications for National Council Delegates for the National Council Session / 56th Convention, July 2023 (Dates TBD), in Orlando, Florida. National Delegates play a vital role in providing strategic direction to the Girl Scout Movement.
Responsibilities of National Delegates are listed in the Constitution of Girl Scouts of the USA, Article V, as found in the Blue Book of Basic Documents (March 2021 edition
,) available on the Girl Scouts of the USA website, www.girlscouts.org.
We invite you to apply for a role as a National Council Delegate representing Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana at the National Council Session / 56th Convention.Requirements to be a National Council Delegate
- Must be available to attend the National Council Session/56th National Convention in Orlando, Florida, July 2023* (at no expense to the Delegate)
- Be a citizen of the United States (this is based on our Congressional Charter, not GSUSA policy)
- Be a registered member of the Girl Scout Movement
- Be 14 years of age or older at the time of election (GSGCNWI Annual Meeting April 7, 2022)
- Be committed to participating in National Delegate training and preparation sessions offered by the council
- Be committed to a three (3) year tenure as a National Council Delegate (April 7, 2022 - April 2025)
- Be committed to participating in National Council Session follow-up activities sponsored by the council
- Be commited to participating in GSGCNWI Delegate Meetings, including Delegate Quarterly Meetings and the GSGCNWI Annual Meeting while a National Delegate
*Exact dates of the National Council Session will be announced soon. Historically, it takes place over three (3) days.
Applications are being accepted through Novemeber 3, 2021.
Applicants will be asked to attend an interview in the months of November or December. These will be held virtually via Zoom, with a call in option available for those who need it. Further information will be emailed to applicants at the beginning of November.
Applicants will be notified of outcome of application in early 2022.
Questions or further information needed? Please email Alaina Greene, Delegate Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org