Development Plan Questions (For Reference Only)
- Title of Development Plan.
- Applicant Entity Name.
- Type of Entity.
- Private Enterprise
- Cluster or Consortium
- Other, specify
- Authorized Representative (Point-of-Contact Name).
- Email Address.
- Phone Number.
- Is your entity registered in Lebanon?
- Is your entity registered in any other country outside Lebanon? If yes, please select the country from below: (list of countries)
- Will your Development Plan address any of the following sectors in your Development Plan: Agro-Food Processing; Manufacturing; Knowledge Economy and Services; and Tourism and Hospitality?
Note: Proposed Development Plans must be at the sector level, which will directly benefit from than one enterprise.
Note: Knowledge Economy includes but is not limited to: Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), Media and Creative Services such as Advertising, digital Media, Production and Post-Production, Architecture, Design, Fashion, and Business Services such as franchising, Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO), and Consulting.
- What is the timeframe to implement your Development Plan?
- Are you willing to confidentially share information with TIF and USAID?
Note: Information includes: value of sales, and data on jobs and linkages created with supporting documents, attributed to TIF support
- Will your Development Plan support sector level growth of any of the selected sectors above? If your answer is yes, please include the details in Questions 32: Technical Approach
Note: Proposed Development Plans must be at the sector level, which will directly benefit more than one enterprise.
- Will your Development Plan help grow businesses or increase sales in Lebanon or increase exports of Lebanese goods and/or services?
- Will your Development Plan facilitate access to finance and/or investment for companies in Lebanon?
- Will your Development Plan facilitate Business and Investment Enabling Environment (BIEE) in Lebanon?
Note: Support drafting, amending and/or endorsing new policies or laws to facilitate export or investment enabling environments.
- Are you seeking technical assistance support?
- Are you seeking support to increase production capacity/equipment?
- Are you seeking debt or other forms of finance facilitation?
- Are you seeking equity investment facilitation?
- What is the estimated total budget of your proposed Development Plan in USD?
- What is the estimated USD value you are requesting from TIF in your proposed Development Plan (must not exceed the estimated total budget)?
- Will your entity be able to co-invest in this Development Plan in the first two years? If yes, how much do you estimate your entity will be able to co-invest in this Development Plan in USD?
- Can you implement this Development Plan without the proposed TIF support?
- How many enterprises will your Development Plan support?
Note: Proposed Development Plans must support the growth of more than one enterprise.
- Will your Development Plan increase sales locally? If yes, please select by how much during the first two years.
- Will your Development Plan increase export sales (and in what amount and which regions)? If yes, please select by how much during the first two years. How many regions will your Development Plan increase export sales into? Please select the region(s) from the following drop-down list.
- Will your Development Plan support import substitution in Lebanon? If yes, list the imported items that your Development Plan will substitute.
- Will your Development Plan create jobs for Lebanese citizens? If yes, please state how many jobs will be created in the first two years.
- What is your geographic focus of your proposed Development Plan in Lebanon?
Note: Geographic focus for employment and/or production
- Are you willing to collaborate with other entities – such as syndicates, associations, or private firms for TIF support?
- Briefly describe your past performance in this type of proposed work or your business model and business history. Provide information on sales, including clients and markets, profit for the past three years, relevant experience in the proposed activity and staff qualification involved in the proposed implementation of the Development Plan (minimum 200 words).
- a. Technical approach: This section must include background, statement of needs, objectives, proof of market demand, and type of support needed from TIF. It should respond to the activity objectives outlined in this APS. (Minimum 200 words)
b. Technical approach: This section must include the main activities, implementation plan, and list of partners and stakeholders with whom your entity will collaborate and/or support. (Minimum 200 words)
c. Technical approach: This section must include results and impact your Development Plan will have. (Minimum 100 words)
- How did you learn about this funding opportunity?
- I confirm that I am authorized to submit this Development Plan for consideration on behalf of the entity named in Question 2 above.
- I confirm that the information provided in this Development Plan is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Note: Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) reserves the right to stop this application at any stage if information provided by the applicant is incorrect or does not meet the criteria outlined in the APS.
Note: Development Plans must be in English.