Bed Race Rules:
1. Team entry fee is $50 per team; Late registration fee an additional $10 if registering after June 15. TRF reserves the right to decline any Bed Race application.
2. Team must have 5 members; 4 pushing and 1 riding the bed, from the start line to the finish line.
3. Minimum age is 13. Participants under 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a release of liability.
4. Each team must provide its own bed, including a headboard and footboard. Entry MUST look like a bed for speed category or be a specific themed entry on wheels (i.e., Fire Dept's Firetruck).
5. Bed frames in the race category must be mounted on a minimum of 3 functional wheels, minimum 8" diameter. Bed frames in the creative category must be mounted on a minimum of 3 functional wheels, minimum of 6" diameter. Braces are permitted for safety and stability. Pulling devices (ropes, etc.) or steering devices are prohibited. Push bar/handle may not extend beyond 12" from frame.
6. A helmet and restraint device must be worn by the bed rider.
7. Inappropriate designs or behavior will result in disqualification at the discretion of TRF representatives. TRF Committee reserves the right to disqualify any entry not complying with the rules and spirit of the contest, any unsafe entry, or any bed whose control may be questionable thus endangering the safety of spectators. Any team crossing into another lane or interfering with the progress of another team will be disqualified.
8. Check-in begins at 5:30 pm at the North Parking Lot behind Civic Center & Freimann Square. All beds must be checked in by 6:00 pm. No bed race contestants will be accepted after 6:00 pm. Parade lap & judging begins at 6:15 pm.
9. All team members must sign a release of liability prior to the start of the race.
10. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted.
11. Teams may hand out flyers, coupons or other items during Judging and Parade Lap. Items MAY NOT BE THROWN OR TOSSED to the viewers.
12. Beds given a 1st round "bye" will be chosen prior to race.
13. For Speed category, teams will race in pairs; the slowest being eliminated. All members of a team and their bed must cross the finish line intact at the end of the 2-block course
14. Teams who have won 1st place for three (3) consecutive years will not be eligible for prizes in the next year's race. Teams who have won 1st place for three (3) consecutive years are eligible for prizes in a different category.
15. Creative beds will be judged under the following criteria: Most colorful, team member coordination with bed theme, best representation of Parade theme "Summer of '69", and most creative.